Mesut Özgen is widely known for making classical guitar accessible to a wide-range of music lovers. "Troubadour" is no exception, offering compositions inspired by Spanish, Turkish, American, Hungarian, Argentinean and Indian folk musics. Featuring compositions by Carlo Domeniconi, Anthony Newman, and the prolific Christopher Pratorius.
- 1. Variations on an Anatolian Folk Song by Carlo Domeniconi
- 2. Gigue (from Suite for Guitar) by Anthony Newman
- 3. Shenandoah by Robert Beaser
- 4. Misionera by Fernando Bustamante, Arranged by Jorge Morel
- 5. Fantaisie Hongroise op.65, no.1 by Johann Kaspar Mertz
- 6. Sonata: Ondas do Mar de Vigo by Christopher Pratorius Introducción y Danza (Sonata 1st movement)
- 7. Sonata: Ondas do Mar de Vigo by Christopher Pratorius Canto (Sonata 2nd movement)
- 8. Sonata: Ondas do Mar de Vigo by Christopher Pratorius Estudio (Sonata 3rd movement)
"...a shining example of this guitarist's great talent."
"This CD is an impressive debut for a guitarist who clearly has much to say."