Christian McBride is a loquacious raconteur in addition to his finger-busting bass skills, though make no mistake about it- the only talk on this release is the musical kind two instruments make. Christian can converse with the best of them, as his Sirius/XM show will attest though these conversations sit him down in the studio with a diverse array of guests for unexpected and often amazing results. The resulting duets lay bare skill and emotion in the visceral tradition of real jazz improvisation.
Angelique Kidjo, George Duke, Sting, Eddie Palmieri, Chick Corea and Roy Hargrove along with the late masters Hank Jones and Dr. Billy Taylor- are among the guests.
- 1. Afirika (Feat. Angelique Kidjo)
- 2. Fat Bach And Greens (Feat. Regina Carter)
- 3. Consider Me Gone (Feat. Sting)
- 4. Guajeo Y Tumbao (Feat. Eddie Palmieri)
- 5. Baubles, Bangles And Beads (Feat. Roy Hargrove)
- 6. Spiritual (Feat. Dr. Billy Taylor)
- 7. It's Your Thing (Feat. Dee Dee Bridgewater)
- 8. Alone Together (Feat. Hank Jones)
- 9. Mc Dukey Blues (Feat. George Duke)
- 10. Tango Improvisation #1 (Feat. Chick Corea)
- 11. Sister Rosa (Feat. Russell Malone)
- 12. Shake And Blake (Feat. Ron Blake)
- 13. Chitlins And Gifltefish (Feat. Gina Gershon)
"Along with 'The Good Feeling', these albums are actually companion pieces that highlight McBride's mastery of all things musical."
All About Jazz