TALES FROM VIET-NAM / Nguyen Le
Jazz / Guitar Jazz / World
"For a long time, I had dreamt of a band mixing jazz musicians with Vietnamese traditional musicians, playing a music inspired by the songs my mother used to sing to me. Born in Paris from Vietnamese parents, I lost the Vietnames language when I began school. Only in Sept. 94 did I feel confident and experienced enough to begin "Tales of Viêt- Nam". It is a journey back into my childhood, a return to lost roots. But it also means the creation of an imaginary folklore that stems from a crossroads of contemporary influences".
- 1. The Wind Blew It Away - 07:31 (traditional)
- 2. The Black Horse - 04:09 (traditional)
- 3. Don’t You Go Away My Friend - Nguoi oi Nguoi O Dung Vê - 07:27 (traditional)
- 4. Trông Com - The Rice Drum - 04:04 (traditional)
- 5. Hen Ho - Promise of a Date - 05:24 (traditional)
- 6. The Banyan Tree Song - Ly Cai Da - 08:19 (traditional)
- 7. Spring Of Life - Hoai Xuân - 03:21 (traditional)
- 8. Ting Ning - 03:42 (traditional)
- 9. Mangustao - Part 1 - 04:36 (Lê, Nguyên / Borker, Dominique)
- 10. Mangustao - Part 2 - 05:54 (Lê, Nguyên / Borker, Dominique)
"It's a return to lost roots. But it also means the creation of an imaginary folklore that stems from a crossroads of contemporary influences"