The release of this album marks a poignant moment: the tenth anniversary of the tragic and premature death of Esbjorn Svensson on 14 June 2008. It was recorded at a completely sold-out Barbican Centre in 2005, during a hugely successful and highly popular UK tour. It is e.s.t. at the peak of their creativity touring after the release of their to-date best selling album “Viaticum”.
- 1. tide of trepidation
- 2. eighty-eight days in my veins
- 3. viaticum
- 4. mingle in the mincing-machin
- 5. in the trail of her eye
- 6. the unstable table & the infamous fable
- 1. when god created the coffeebreak
- 2. behind the yashmak
- 3. believe, beleft, below
- 4. spunky sprawl
"...highly recommended and an essential for collectors who believe that jazz is meant to be a fluid, shifting genre."
All About Jazz